How Can You Join?
To apply for membership, please complete the appropriate application and code of ethics form from below. All potential
members must fill out the code of ethics form and return it with your application. Once you've filled out
the proper forms, mail them along with your membership dues to the address listed on the application. Your application
will be reviewed and someone will be in touch with you soon after to advise you of your membership status.
Who Can Join?
We invite anyone in the moving and storage industry of Pennsylvania to join our organization. Whether your a single truck
mover or an vanline with hundreds of trucks, you are welcome here.
Companies who service the moving and storage industry of Pennsylvania are also welcome.
10 Reasons to join the PMSA
- Assistance with regulatory matters - There are specific requirements for your moving license, tariff, vehicle registration,
tax issues, consumer complaints, corporate filings, etc. We can help you work through the maze of government bureaucracy.
- Lobbying - We watch proposed legislation and regulatory changes that will affect your business. In today's
world, somebody must be looking out for your interests.
- Education - We provide conventions, seminars workshops,
and other training opportunities, plus customized reference manuals and training tools for use within your company. New technology
is providing even more opportunities is a cost-effective format for all.
- Public Relations and Marketing Assistance
- We can provide brochures and other marketing materials for your sales kits. Your use of the association name and logo in
your advertising and sales material sends a good message to your customers that your company is professional. In today's
marketplace, this helps distinguish your company from the fly-by-nights. Your membership adds to your credibility with your
- Customer referral - Today more than ever, prospective customers call state associations to check
references and complaint histories. Our website educates your customers so they can make smarter choices about their
- Leadership Opportunities - Participation in our committees and board of directors provides good
experience and professional growth that will help improve your company. As an active participant in the PMSA, you and your
employees frequently will be amoung the first to know about new regulations and requirements from movers. You will have the
opportunity to help shape the future of your industry.
- Group Purchasing Power - We offer group group benefits
for insurance programs and more.
- Networking Opportunities - Communicating with people in the same business as
you provide the opportunity to exhange ideas, learn better methods and skills, and commiserate with those who understand the
business. If you need a contact in a distant area, your fellow association members are the logical resource. Social events
provide opportunities to meet your peers and develop helpful relationships.
- Scholarship Program, Awards and
Recognition, Public Service - Our benefits extend beyond daily business needs for your employees and their families.
Association Staff - to help you navigate regulations, customer challenges, claims questions, government agencies, and more.
One call typically does it all.